Location: Chiefland, FL
Type of Employment: Part-Time
The Ag Tech student will attend a John Deere Tech School and work at the dealership on off school weeks. While at the dealership, the student will perform basic diagnostic service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and/or diesel equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager, Shop Foreman or senior technicians. The program takes approximately 2 years to complete.
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products with a senior service mechanic.
- Participates in training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to use basic computer functions.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Clean driving record with a valid Driver’s License.
- Forklift license preferred.