Location: Madison, GA
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Performs basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned heavy construction and/or agricultural and turf equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager, Shop Foreman or senior technicians.
- Performs basic diagnostics and reports on construction and/or agricultural equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products.
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and Competitive products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time in the time keeping systems and for all material used in performing assigned duties.
- All other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience performing service repairs on heavy construction and/or agricultural equipment
- Ability to perform basic and advanced repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual Procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of heavy construction and/or agricultural equipment.
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs repeatedly
- Basic Service Technician certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record is required
- Fork lift license preferred