1945 | Groover Brothers Partnership Formed
James Groover Sr. and Samuel “Dick” Groover formed the Groover Brothers Partnership after returning from the war in 1945. The brothers began acquiring land, farming, and opened Boston Seed Company across the street from Boston Implement Co.
1958 | Boston Tractor Company is Established
Grady Sherrod, a local business owner, personally financed the $6,000 purchase of Boston Implement Company for James Groover, Sr. and Dick Groover. After acquiring the business, the Groover Brothers renamed Boston Implement Company to Boston Tractor Company.
1978 | Boston Tractor Company Relocates
With two John Deere dealers in Thomas County, and at the request of Deere & Company, James and Dick built a new facility and relocated Boston Tractor Company to Brooks County. This relocation placed Boston Tractor Company close to a large base of agricultural customers.